22 April, 2005

Tentative Curriculum for Friday

This is Friday's Tentative Curriculum. It is a bit more indepth than the previous days because I have begun to "flesh it out" beginning with Saturday and working back to Monday. I realize this has the the appearance of an elephant at first. Please remember that a bite at a time is appropriate. Thank you for your input and challenging thoughts. Remember you are "world famous".

Week’s Theme: Dare To Be…

Friday- Dare To Be Gentle

Memory Opportunity:
Colossians 3:12-14
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Joshua 23:14-15 God’s Gentleness-Keeping Promises
"Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.
Joshua 24:14-15, 24
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." And the people said to Joshua, "We will serve the LORD our God and obey him."

Quiet Time: Gentle Courage and Passion
Scripture: Joshua 23:14-15, 24:14-15, 24, I Peter 3:13-17
Thoughts: Our response to God’s gentleness is to mimic His gentleness in our life toward ourselves and others; to glorify God (Build Him up in the hearts and minds of ourselves and others).
Define: Gentle

Flagpole Devotional: Courageous and Passionate Gentleness
Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30, Ephesians 4:1-2
Thoughts: Courage is necessary to passionately pursue the gentle lifestyle of “The Gentle Jesus”.
Define: Gentle

Class: Dare To Be Gentle
Scripture: Joshua 20-23, I Corinthians 16:13-14, Ephesians 4:1-2, Matthew 11:29-30, II Corinthians 10:1-6, Galatians 5:23, Philippians 4:4-5, I Timothy 6:11-12, I Peter 3:13-17, I Kings 19:11-13, Proverbs 15:1, 25:15, Matthew 11:28-30, I Thessalonians 2:6-9, I Timothy 3:1-7, I Peter 3:1-6, I Thessalonians 4:11-12
Thoughts:
Objectives:
-Define: Gentle, (Quiet)
-Objectives
-Application: Sarah’s Story (Genesis 11-12, 16-21, 23-25, Romans 9, Hebrews 11, I Peter 3)

Morning Assembly: Letters to Lu-Jo About Jesus, The Gentle
Scripture: Galatians 5:22-26
Thoughts: The gentleness of Jesus is a goal of those on the journey to Christian maturity as manifest in on of the descriptions of Spiritual fruit.

Let's Talk: Sensitive
Scripture: I Thessalonians 2:6-9
Thoughts: Gentleness is likened to a mother’s care and concern. The real sensitivity of a Christian is the care and concern for souls through one’s emotional, physical and intellectual sensitivity.

Evening Assembly: Beach Breakfast
Scripture: John 21
Thoughts: Jesus defines gentleness in the place of justified revenge. The empowering nature of gentleness is manifest in gentle forgiveness, an example CHRIST-oneness.


Flagpole Devotional: Softly and Tenderly
Scripture: I Kings 19:11-13, I Thessalonians 4:11-12
Thoughts: God manifests Himself in many ways. He most often allows the manner of His presentation to be determined by the actions of the people he is attempting to discipline (guide). When given the opportunity to “be Himself”, he shows up as a “gentle whisper”. The power of God is absolutely soft and tender. Our lives should reflect His example in a quiet lifestyle.

Leadership Training: Steel and Velvet
Scripture: Proverbs 15:1, 25:15, II Corinthians 10:1-6
Thoughts: To be strong and gentle simultaneously is a Christian attribute in contrast to the ways of popular society.

No comments: