10 May, 2005

A monologue

Ron: So, has the blog gotten kinda quiet, or is it me?
Ron: Oh, I think they left when I wasn't looking; all except David.
Ron: What's David doing?
Ron: He's still with you, he's just typing his next posting.
Ron: Is the post that long?
Ron: No, his typing is that slow.
Ron: At least he's still hangin' in.
Ron: Yep. So what do you think is happening?
Ron: I'm not sure; maybe it's me.
Ron: Could be; I warned you about those arcane references to Greek Mythology . . .
Ron: So you think they're bored?
Ron: Out of their gourd.
Ron: Maybe it's because you take up all of the space with your posts.
Ron: It's the Internet, dude; there's an unlimited amount of space.
Ron: Yeah, but there's not an unlimited amount of time to read.
Ron: So you're saying . . .
Ron: If they take the time to actually read everything you write . . .
Ron: Then they don't have time to write anything themselves?
Ron: Got it in one, ace.
Ron: Wow. So right now . . .
Ron: The longer this goes on, the longer it will be before some one responds.
Ron: Wow. Talk about a Catch-22. Hey, wait a minute . . .
Ron: What?
Ron: Maybe it's not the length of my posts, maybe it's because they think you're being a know-it-all.
Ron: Me?
Ron: Yep, it wouldn't be the first time.
Ron: But I don't know it all!
Ron: You're tellin' me.
Ron: Well, it's about time you listened to somebody . . .
Ron: That's the whole point! I really want to listen, to know what they think!
Ron: Maybe they're not through thinking yet.
Ron: Maybe they don't know that the rest of us want to know what they think.
Ron: Well, write this down and then they will.
Ron: OK, but won't it make them think you're goin' crazy?
Ron: They're pretty tolerant; they've already known that for a while.

4 comments:

Jason Retherford said...

Ron,

Whoa dude! I am with you, I haven't been posting much here, like you say, I am still thinking, and digesting everything.

Your and David posts rock!

I am looking over camp curriculum and well, it looks good to me...

A couple of things:
1. In our classes do the teachers have the freedom to choose where they want the class to go, as long as stay on topic?
2. I am doing some more reading on the conquest of Cannaan and some other reading pertaining to Joshua
3. I am getting stoked for camp.
4. Can I make a request? Um, maybe this is silly, but no scorpions please! Anyway, Ron, just know that I really have appreciated your insight on this blog, and if you so desire, you have to keep blogging, your insights are to deep and needed for you not to write!

Jason Retherford said...

Oh, by the way the monologue thing is pretty interesting.

rkb said...

1. Steve's curriculum marks out the destination; what path you take to get there is a function of your vision, study, and experience.

2. Every bit of reading you do now will reap benefits during camp when, as you know, you won't have time to read anything.

3. So am I; if it weren't for this little wedding thing of Lauren's I think I'd just pack up and go.

4. Thanks for your encouragement. It's my experience that it is hard to dig the well too deep. Our kids are asking (and thinking when they're not allowed to ask) much deeper questions than many people expect of them.

Scorpions?

Jason Retherford said...

The scorpion thing is sort of a fear/ on going dream I have of encountering a scorpion, yikes!

I am being spiteful sort of.