10 April, 2005
A suggestion for us
A number of outstanding ideas are already on the table. To help us better work with the concepts we have and further develop them, I suggest that we all do our best to read through the book of Joshua this week. It is not a huge text, but it is rich. Such a foundation for the beginning of our work will, I think, help us make good use of the building materials already on the site, and those you will be soon placing here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Lu Jo gang,
I just read over this blog and I think things look great. I am a little dazed and and educationally drained, I wrote a major research paper over the last few days on the book of Hebrews.
I think the ideal of a blog, to share ideals and plan for Peak Week is a clever ideal.
The book of Joshua is a fascinating work. I love the emphasis on passing on the legacy of faith. Also, as we are away God makes Joshua aware of the importance of His word. I think this speaks to our immediate need, and I know we are all in agreement of the importance of Scripture.
Refresh my memory again, I know that courage and passion seem to be the emerging theme, is this what the consensus is?
Yes, passion and courage are the two major concepts we are summing up in the week's title: Dare to Be.
just a thought i noticed today from the conclusion of joshua in chapter 24...
joshua urges the israelites to dare to be different than the neighbors around them. this passage i am sure that this call to holiness in the world around us can be connected with several others, but one particular passage from philippians jumps out at me:
"12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16 as you hold out the word of life" (Phil 2:12-16).
The thought:
shining like stars in the universe...think about the size of the cosmos, and the light given off by stars. How many thousands of years does it take for the light of even the nearest star to reach our planet?! We can and should have a lasting effect beyond the grave because of our daring to be people of passion and courage in this depraved generation. (partial insight from one of my teens from our Tuesday night Bible study).
Post a Comment