02 May, 2005

Friday

Friday- Dare To Be Gentle

Memory Opportunity:
Colossians 3:12-14
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

God’s Gentleness-Keeping Promises
Joshua 23:14-15 - "Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.

Joshua 24:15, 24 - But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." And the people said to Joshua, "We will serve the LORD our God and obey him."

Quiet Time: Gentle Courage and Passion
Scripture: Joshua 23:14-15, 24:14-15, 24, I Peter 3:13-17
Thoughts: Our response to God’s gentleness is to mimic His gentleness in our life toward ourselves and others; to glorify God (Build Him up in the hearts and minds of ourselves and others).
Define: Gentle

Flagpole Devotional: Courageous, Passionate Gentleness
Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30, Ephesians 4:1-2
Thoughts: Courage is necessary to passionately pursue the gentle lifestyle of “The Gentle Jesus”.
Define: Gentle

Class: Dare To Be Gentle
Scripture: Joshua 20-23, Daniel
Application: Joshua20-23-The Faithfulness of God’s People Rewarded with Gentleness (The Personal Distribution of Land to the Faithful),
Sarah’s Story (Genesis 11-12, 16-21, 23-25,
Romans 9, Hebrews 11, I Peter 3)
Define: Gentle, (Quiet)
Thoughts: God has provided and does provide because he is gentle in His relationship with us when we respond in an obedient manner. God sincerely desires to be gentle and He wishes us to be gentle in all areas of our life. Eternity with God is the gentlest of rewards.
Supporting Scriptures: I Corinthians 16:13-14-Love, the language of Gentleness
Ephesians 4:1-2-Exhortation to Gentleness
Philippians 4:4-5-Bold Gentleness
I Timothy 6:6-12-Gentleness, one ingredient in the “eternal” lifestyle
I Peter 3:1-6, 13-17-Part of the way to “do” the life of a Christ-one
I Thessalonians 2:6-9-Mom, the example of Gentle
Matthew 11:28-30-Jesus, the gentle harbor-
I Thessalonians 4:11-12-A part of THE model lifestyle

Morning Assembly: Letters to Lu-Jo About Jesus, The Gentle
Scripture: Galatians 5:22-26
Thoughts: The gentleness of Jesus is a goal of those on the journey to Christian maturity as manifest in one of the descriptions of Spiritual fruit.

Let's Talk: Sensitive
Scripture: I Thessalonians 2:6-9
Thoughts: Gentleness is likened to a mother’s care and concern. The real sensitivity of a Christian is the care and concern for souls through one’s emotional, physical and intellectual sensitivity.

Evening Assembly: Beach Breakfast
Scripture: John 21
Thoughts: Jesus defines gentleness in the place of justified revenge. The empowering nature of gentleness is manifest in gentle forgiveness, an example of CHRIST-oneness.

Flagpole Devotional: Softly and Tenderly
Scripture: I Kings 19:11-13, I Thessalonians 4:11-12
Thoughts: God manifests Himself in many ways. He most often allows the manner of His presentation to be determined by the actions of the people he is attempting to discipline (guide). When given the opportunity to “be Himself”, he shows up as a “gentle whisper”. The power of God is absolutely soft and tender. Our lives should reflect His example in a quiet lifestyle.

Leadership Training: Steel and Velvet
Scripture: Proverbs 15:1, 25:15, II Corinthians 10:1-6
Thoughts: To be strong and gentle simultaneously is a Christian attribute in contrast to the ways of popular society.

No comments: